Wednesday 21 March 2018

Thought of the day !!

Many a time, I become insecure as I scroll my news feed and find an avalanche of people celebrating their accomplishments--buying iPhone X and travelling to New York.

"What have I achieved by now?"
"Will I be able to even get the half of it?"

I introspect in the most unhealthiest ways. I fear being left-behind. The fear of failure starts to sit above my head. I feat if I'll be deprived of these lavish lifestyles and the ingenious opulence that we all dream of.

However, when I contemplate a little smoothly, I realise that I overlook things that really matter, and that is why it happens. I forget to recall that once a stranger had sent me a long text message full of devastation. One of the lines read, "You've no idea what a single poem you wrote stopped me from doing. May God bless you."

And those words were way too big to display on my timeline or count as a mere achievement. It's the change I bring in others' lives. It's the smiles and warmth I spread across the humanity.

In fact, whatever you're doing at this point of time, it matters. Did you use your "Googling skills" and helped a man to find the nearest Starbucks? Kudos, dude. You did a great job. That man fell into a conversation with a girl as he took the first sip of the coffee. And you know, they complete each other's sentences now. You are impactful--not just a star that twinkles, disappears and reappears every night. You're the drop of rains that bemuse the world with petrichor.  
© nomeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I wish something?

Tonight I feel like doing unusual things so I painted a glass of water beside a pale blue ocean. The goldfish from within the glass  is smil...