Friday 7 April 2017

The stranger-turned-familiar-turned-stranger.

To, The stranger-turned-familiar-turned-stranger. You never expected me to write this, did you? But, here I am, with this piece, in the hope we might alter the equation, again. We accidentally bumped into each other, and it was one of those few times when I wasn’t afraid of the word “accident.” I wish for such more accidents. Or wait, do I? It was a beautiful accident, nevertheless. For once, you allowed me to sneak into your life and I, into mine. Unfortunately, things were confined to sneaking only. It never made to “enter.” I peeped into your life through the small window you had carved for me. You seemed like an angel with broken wings. You seemed like an ocean filled with mystery and secrets. I wanted to unravel all those mysteries and secrets. With this hope, I dived into you. But I never made it to the bottom? How could I? Buoyancy played its role well. Physics never fails to amuse me. You seemed cold from outside but deep inside – just like every other ocean out there – you were warm and soft, carrying a beautiful and amazing world – or adventurous, maybe? Who knows? I wanted to know more about you: What is your favourite food? Which restaurant do you like the most? Do you, like me, end up ordering the same food all over again, or you try new dishes every time you visit that particular restaurant? Do you like coffee or tea? Do you love the feeling when you walk on an empty road late in the night, and the wind suddenly strolls past you, hitting against your face? But, I never got the answers to these questions. [If you’re reading this, know that I will wait for your answers.] We ended even before we had started. They say, “Whatever happens, happens for good.” But, did we end for a greater good? If you know or figure out the answer, do let me know. You were like a gust of wind, came and strolled past me. In between, I experienced some adrenaline rush. You were like a wave of sea, touched me and vanished. Yours, The stranger-who-remained-a-stranger © nomeee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I wish something?

Tonight I feel like doing unusual things so I painted a glass of water beside a pale blue ocean. The goldfish from within the glass  is smil...